new banana bread on the loose!! i kind of dressed up my normal banana bread recipe with some additional add-ins… so decided to make a new recipe out of it!
the differences in this banana bread start with less flax & a little more almond flour + when it comes to additions — i threw in chopped walnuts, additional CINNAMON (hello hi fall), & the best one yet, chopped fresh banana pieces. big YES
this is also different from the banana nut muffins on my blog cause i didn’t use any mix this time… all individual ingredients and measurements, all came out to reflect the perfect BANANA NUT flavor i grew up on.
so in banana bread, of course, there is already banana mashed up and mixed into the entire batter, but something in me told me i needed more banana this time, so i used a perfectly ripened, yellow banana, sliced it down the middle and then into chunks, and tossed them into the batter with the walnuts. i stirred gently, saw the chunks in every turn, and knew it was gonna be perf.
left chocolate chips out of this round cause i really wanted to see how it came out as banana nut bread. it’s perfect, let me just say. chocolate chips will only make it 100x better, so go for it if you want!
here’s the full recipe — TAHINI BANANA NUT BREAD.
-2-3 mashed, ripened/overripe banana
-1/3 cup tahini
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-1/3 cup almond milk
-2 tbsp coconut sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups almond flour
-1/4 cup ground flaxseed
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-handful of walnuts, chopped
-1 banana, sliced + chopped, in chunks [not mashed]
HOW TO MAKE >>
- set oven to 350F.
- mix all wet ingredients together — mashed banana, tahini, egg, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract — until incorporated.
- add coconut sugar, mix well.
- add ground flaxseed, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- continue to mix until combined.
- using a spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in walnuts + chopped banana to batter.
- pour into lined + greased loaf pan.
- bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes.
- store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for months!