these cookies are based on a recipe that comes with the oats i buy. the oats themselves are gluten-free, which means the absolute and only ingredient in them is the actual oats themselves. win. these cookies are free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar.
i made some changes to the recipe that the oats suggest… i wanted to use unrefined sweetener, and i also wanted to make them dough edible before cooking [cause i always dig in to the dough]. i used coconut sugar to sweeten the dough, and used a few flax eggs so that the batter would be completely appropriate to eat ‘raw.’ still, i can’t decide if the dough is better or the baked cookies. you let me know!
the other ingredients on the list for these PB OATMEAL COOKIES include peanut butter, obviously, along with vegan butter (i used myokos’s vegan butter that is coconut oil-based), vanilla extract, baking soda, & dairy-free chocolate chips. it pretty much all comes together in one bowl, but you still combine the ingredients like most baking recipes, starting with the wet ingredients, and working towards adding the dry ingredients at the end.
here’s the full recipe!
>1/4 cup [dairy-free] butter, softened or at room temperature
>1 cup coconut sugar
>2 flax eggs [2 tbsp flaxseed with 5 tbsp water]
>1 tsp vanilla extract
>1 cup peanut butter
>1 1/2 tsp baking soda
>3 cups gluten-free oats
>1 cup DF chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE >
- set oven to 350F.
- using a mixer, cream DF butter and coconut sugar.
- add eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- mix in peanut butter until well combined.
- add baking soda & mix.
- stir in oats gently until completely mixed/covered in wet ingredient mixture.
- finally, fold in chocolate chips and any other add-ins you choose!
- place dough in fridge for 20-30 min until formed.
- bake on 350F for 12-15 min or until edges start to turn color and cookies appear baked.
- (or don’t bake into cookies, and just eat the oat cookie dough).
- ENJOY any way you want!