for the citrus vinaigrette dressing:
›1 shallot, chopped
› 1 lemon, juiced
› 1 orange, juiced
› 1 tsp italian seasoning
› S & P
› 1/2 cup olive oil
for the salad:
› 1-2 cups shredded kale
› small honeycrisp or pink lady apple
› 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
› 2 medjool dates, chopped
› brussels sprouts, raw or roasted
HOW TO MAKE:
- make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients; use a jar or salad dressing bottle to store in the fridge.
- shred kale from stalks, and toss in the citrus vinaigrette.
- sprinkle sunflower seeds and chopped dates (or raisins) on kale.
- place apples, roasted or raw brussels sprouts, grilled chicken, & avocado on top.
- IF taking it for lunch (packing ahead), keep apple slices separate and coated in lemon juice to keep from turning brown. add to salad right before eating!