› iceberg lettuce, for cups
› 1 lb ground chicken
› 1 lb ground pork
› 1/2 white onion, diced
› 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
› 2 cloves garlic, minced
› shredded carrots
› 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
› sliced green onion
› 1/2 cup coconut aminos
› 2 tbsp sesame oil
› 2 tbsp rice vinegar
› 2 tbsp almond butter
› 1 tbsp fish sauce
› 1 knob ginger, peeled + grated
› red pepper flakes
› 1 tbsp cooking sauce
› 2 tbsp coconut aminos
› 1 tsp sesame oil
› 1 tsp rice vinegar
› 1 tbsp maple syrup
› red pepper flakes
› sesame seeds
› green onion
› any reserved water chestnuts
HOW TO MAKE »
- prepare the cooking sauce by combining all ingredients + whisking. set aside.
- prepare the serving sauce by combining all ingredients [1 tbsp of reserved cooking sauce + coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, red pepper flakes] + whisking. set aside for the final touch.
- prepare your white onion by dicing, mushrooms by wiping clean & dicing, and mince your garlic.
- chop green onions + water chestnuts. [those will go in last]
- heat olive oil in a skillet & add the onions until they are translucent, stirring to cook evenly. once they become translucent, add the mushrooms & cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- add the minced garlic until you can smell it, just a few seconds, & then add your ground chicken + ground pork* ! break it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, simultaneously combining with the contents of the pan so far.
- once meat is no longer pink, pour your pre-mixed cooking sauce into pan with the veg+meat combination. ** SAVE 1 TABLESPOON OF THIS SAUCE TO USE FOR THE TOPPING SAUCE IN A FEW STEPS. **
- allow this all to simmer/sizzle; in this process, the sauce will thicken a bit & will really elevate your dish.
- toss in shredded carrots, some of the green onions + water chestnuts.
- assemble your lettuce wraps — i double up with 2 pieces for each cup so that i don’t lose sauce. spoon the mixture into each lettuce cup.
- garnish with green onion, more water chestnuts, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes.
- finally, drizzle some of the serving sauce on top of each lettue wrap.
- serve with cauliflower rice [or not] and enjoy!
* now, you might prefer only ground chicken or only ground pork; that’s totally fine. if you use only 1 lb, adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly because this recipe will be for 1 lb chicken + 1 lb pork.