› 1/4 cup SunButter *
› 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
› 3/4 cup coconut sugar
› 1 egg
› 1 tsp vanilla extract
› 1 cup paleo flour mixture [you will need almond flour, tapioca starch, & coconut flour – makes 2 cups]
› 1/2 tsp baking soda
› 1 cup chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 375F.
- prepare your flour. sift together 1 cup almond flour, 2/3 cup tapioca starch, & 1/3 cup coconut flour into a bowl. this will make 2 cups of the flour, & here you will use 1 cup. set aside the 1 cup and store the rest for baking later!
- cream coconut sugar with coconut oil & sun butter [using a mixer].
- add egg & vanilla extract & mix.
- separately, mix 1 cup flour with 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 3 sections to allow smooth incorporation.
- once mixed, stir in chocolate chips with spoon or spatula.
- refrigerate the dough for ~30 min [up to hours, if keeping in fridge until baking another day] to allow it to firm up so you can roll & ball it in your hands without being too sticky.
- to bake ~ set on cookie sheet with enough space for each cookie [dough will expand a bit in the oven] & bake for 10-12 min on 375F.
- let cool then eat or store for the week!
*note: for some reason, sometimes SunButter turns the baked goods green once they are cooked and cooled. the inside of some of my cookies turned green [i tested them on my friends and they were alarmed — apologies to @cristina 😉 ] but it is harmless! sometimes it doesn’t turn color, but be warned!