[for 4 servings fajitas]
› 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast, split [4 pieces is usually 2 breasts]
› olive oil, to drizzle
› 1 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
› 2 tsp chili powder
› 1 tsp cumin
› 1 tsp paprika
› 1 tsp garlic powder
› 1/2 tsp onion powder
› 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper [depending on your heat tolerance]
› 1 red bell pepper
› 1 yellow bell pepper
› 1 white onion
› lime juice
HOW TO MAKE »
- slice raw chicken into strips.
- mix all seasonings + arrowroot or tapioca starch into a bowl.
- slice vegetables into ~equal sizes so that they cook evenly.
- place the pieces of raw chicken breast in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, + spread the seasoning on, tossing to coat evenly.
- preheat olive oil in the skillet until it’s steaming, then add the chicken in a single layer. allow it to cook on the first side, & along the way, go through with tongs — tossing the pieces, flipping, allowing all sides to be cooked through. this should take about 8-10 minutes total, depending how much chicken you have in the pan.
- once all chicken is cooked through, remove from the cast iron skillet, & set aside.
- leaving the heat on medium-high, drizzle a bit more OO; time for the vegetables!
- add the vegetables to the pan, & cook similarly — tossing and flipping until they have softened and begun to brown.
- squeeze lime juice into pan with saute-ing vegetables, mix.
- add the chicken back to the pan to quickly reheat [in the mean time, you may have made some guacamole or roasted sweet potatoes or cauliflower rice, maybe you got your salsa + chopped lettuce ready, & now you can build your fajita bowl
** these fajitas will be great on a tortilla if you choose, or on a bowl of rice or cauliflower rice, & they will save great in the refrigerator as leftovers!! enjoy!!