makes 18-24 nut butter cups.
chocolate layer: [half for the base layer, half for the top layer]
› 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips, divided 1/2 + 1/2
› 2 tbsp sun butter, divided 1 + 1
› 1 cup sun butter [no sugar]
› 1/3 cup coconut flour
› 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
› 1 tsp vanilla extract
› 1/2 tsp salt
how to make »
- line a mini muffin tin with muffin liners [i use the ones with ridges]! – makes 18-24 nut butter cups.
- melt 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with 1 tbsp sun butter [base chocolate layer].
- place a small drop of melted chocolate + sun butter into each cup of mini muffin pan.
- place the pan in the refrigerator to harden [or freezer to go quicker]. allow the chocolatle to set for ~20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- in a separate bowl, combine the sun butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, salt, + vanilla extract.
- once mixed evenly and the base chocolate layer is set, take ~1tsp of the sunbutter filling & roll it in your hands — into a tiny ball, then flatten it — & put one round in each individual cup of the muffin tin.
- melt the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 tbsp sun butter until smooth, & top each nut butter cup off until the chocolate covers the top AND sides of the sunbutter filling.
- place back in the refrigerator until chocolate has set [~20min].
- store in the refrigerator to keep fresh longer + enjoy!