HAPPY SPRING & ENJOY THESE MUFFINS!!
› 3 eggs
› 1/2 cup lemon juice [about 4 lemons]
› zest of 2 large lemons [about 2 lemons]
› 1/4 cup coconut oil
› 1/4 cup honey
› 1 tsp vanilla extract
› 2 cups almond flour
› 1/3 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
› 1 tsp baking soda
› 2 tbsp poppyseeds
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 350F.
- zest lemons, then juice them.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, melted coconut oil, honey, + vanilla extract.
- in a separate bowl, mix almond flour, arrowroot OR tapioca starch, + baking soda.
- to the wet mixture, add the flour mixture in ~3 separate sections, mixing between each addition.
- once all the ingredients are well incorporated with one another, add poppyseeds. stir with spatula or spoon.
- drop batter into lined or greased muffin cups; ~2 tbsp batter into each cup of a regular-sized muffin pan or 1 tbsp batter for mini muffins!
- bake on 350F for ~18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- allow to cool completely before removing from pan; ENJOY!