› 4 eggs
› 1/3 cup lemon juice [about 3-4 lemons]
› zest of 2 large lemons [about 2 tbsp]
› 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
› 1/4 cup honey
› 1 tsp vanilla extract
› 1/2 tsp almond extract
› 2 cups almond flour
› 1/3 cup arrowroot/tapioca starch
› 1 tsp baking soda
› 1/4 tsp salt
› 1 cup fresh blueberries
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 350F.
- zest lemons, then juice them.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla + almond extracts.
- in a separate bowl, mix almond flour, arrowroot OR tapioca starch, baking soda, & salt.
- to the wet mixture, add the flour mixture in ~3 separate sections, mixing between each addition.
- once all the ingredients are well incorporated with one another, add blueberries. here, make SURE that you are using fresh blueberries!* [when adding the blueberries, you want to fold them into the batter with a spatula; don’t use the mixer!]
- once the blueberries have been folded in, batter is ready for the oven!
- bake on 350F for ~40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- if you make one large loaf — the baking time will be longer, around ~55min-1 hour. test it every few minutes to be sure to cook it through but not to overcook it!
- if you are making this into muffins — the baking time will be shorter, try ~16-18 minutes to start [depending on muffin size] & test ever few minutes after to be sure it bakes fully but not too much!
* [frozen blueberries tend to be heavier, sink, and turn the bread blue and green — you likely won’t get the same result].