2 cups gluten free baking flour [i used bob’s red mill]
2 cups organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup grapeseed oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked carrots
4 tablespoons dairy free cream cheese [kite hill]
3 tablespoons dairy free butter [miyokos vegan butter]
1 1/2 cup organic confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
juice of 1/4 lemon
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
HOW TO MAKE >>
- set oven to 350F
- mix the dry ingredients — flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon — in one bowl; set aside.
- using a mixer, beat the grapeseed oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined.
- add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture; mix until incorporated.
- fold in the pre cooked and shredded carrots, walnuts, coconut, & crushed pineapple. * use a spatula or spoon here so your mix-ins don’t get crushed in the mixer!
- pour batter into greased/oiled/lined baking pan, and bake on 350F for 50min-1hr, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- let the cake cool in the pan for 10 min before removing to cool completely. cool on the counter for at least 1 hr before frosting
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: cream the room temp cream cheese and butter until smooth; add in the confectioners’ sugar in portions, until fully combined. add in the vanilla & lemon at the end. FROST AND STORE IT IN THE FRIDGE!
- slice + enjoy!!