taco / nacho meat >
1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 – 1 tsp paprika
1 tsp arrowroot or tapioca starch [for thickening]
cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, to spice preference
salt & pepper
1/4-1/3 c water
tomatoes or salsa
avocado or guac
queso [i use dairy free by Siete Foods]
HOW TO MAKE >>
- first, mix all the seasonings and tapioca starch together, & set aside.
- in a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil & begin to brown the ground meat.
- using a spoon or spatula, break up the meat as it cooks.
- when the meat is nearly cooked, add the seasoning mixture, combine to coat the taco meat.
- add in the 1/4-1/3 c water and simmer until the meat is coated in the seasoning, turning into a thicker ‘sauce’
- once fully cooked and coated in seasoning, remove it from the heat.
- meanwhile, toast some chips in the broiler to warm up.
- lastly, top the toasted chips with the taco/nacho meat; layer all your toppings on top of that — including your queso, tomatoes/salsa, avocado/guac, corn, lettuce, jalapenos, any other nacho toppings !!
- imagine its happy hour in cabo at the pool, marg in hand, + enjoy!!