› 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
› 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
› 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, chopped
› 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
› 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
› 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
› 1/4 egg white protein powder
› 1/4 cup maple syrup
› 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
› 3 tbsp water
› 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
› 1/2 tsp almond extract
› coconut sugar, to sprinkle
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 350F.
- roughly chop almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, walnuts.
- place the following in a bowl: almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, walnuts, coconut, flaxseed meal, egg white protein powder.
- melt coconut oil, & combine with maple syrup, water, vanilla + almond extracts.
- in a parchment-lined pan, pour the mixture & push into pan; so when it cooks, it cooks together!
- place in oven for 15 min on 350F, then turn pan. bake for 15 more min, then remove from oven.
- allow to cool for a few minutes, until its warm but cooled enough to handle. break apart into pieces, flip + toss.
- place back into oven for 10 min to allow it to get crunchy!
- [ baking goes like this ~ 15 min, rotate, 15 min, cool + break up, 10 min, done!]
- once it comes out of the oven, sprinkle coconut sugar right on top while it’s hot! some of it will stick to the granola & give some extra sweetness.
- store in container in fridge for ~2 weeks if it lasts that long!