monster cookies. you know, the kind that have a bunch of mix-ins dumped into the batter. well, i went ahead and adapted my own version of some monster cookies i’ve seen lately. one of the major things in my recipe is that it’s double peanut butter. not only is there a full cup of natural PB in the batter, but i switched some of the ratios, & added PEANUT FLOUR. peanut flour jumped out at me a few weeks ago at trader joes; it’s literally dried peanuts ground into a flour. basically peanut powder. but when it mixed in with my monster cookie dough, it doubled the peanut butter and made these cookies so freaking creamy.
also added into this cookie dough are GF rolled oats, chocolate chips (i ended up using regulars and minis, #variety), and these naturally-sweetened m&ms i discovered at whole foods. regular m&ms are obviously 100% fine here.
the batter pretty much comes together in one bowl; to put simply, it goes like this: mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients, mix dry + wet, stir in the extras.
bake for 10-14 min on 350F and your MONSTER COOKIES are alive & ready!!
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter [or any nut butter]
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup peanut flour
1 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
1/2-1 cup chocolate coated candies / m&ms!
HOW TO MAKE >>
- set oven to 350F.
- mix dry ingredients (flours, oats, baking soda), and set aside. if you do not have peanut flour/powder, you can just sub additional almond flour here. but the peanut flour def kicks if you have it 😉
- in a separate bowl, mix coconut oil [melted] with maple syrup + coconut sugar until fully combined.
- add in eggs, mix.
- add in the nut butter, & mix until incorporated + smooth.
- add in the dry ingredients to the wet, mix.
- gently fold in the chocolate chips + chocolate coated candies.
- roll into tablespoon-sized balls of dough for cookies.
- bake on 350F for 10-14min or until set and beginning to turn color.
- store for up to 1 week !!