BANANA BREAD. can it get any more classic? i’ve been wanting to create my own banana bread recipe for a while, & i finally did it! it’s free of all the following: gluten, grains, dairy, soy, nuts, refined sugar. when it came out of the oven, i just had to sample it before i even took these photos, & trust me when i say this — my BANANA BREAD has been LANDED. it’s fluffy, dense, moist, full of banana flavor, & completely heavenly. let’s get to it!
banana bread is just it. it’s amazing by itself; it’s amazing spread with ghee or nut butter, crumbled into a yogurt parfait, made into french toast… the possibilities!! they are endless!! you can take it above & beyond or simply have a slice of it, and on it’s own, it’s beyond good.
now let’s make it!!
start by sifting the 3 flours together — the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour. the ratio 3:2:1 is a perfect flour substitute; on their own, they don’t exactly allow the right rise, fluff, or texture for a bread. so… MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE COMBINATION + SIFT THEM TOGETHER! set the flour combination aside.
mash the bananas, 3-4 [depending on size] to get to ~ 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas. to the bananas, mix melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, tahini, vanilla extract, yogurt + water, & flaxseed. mix those until they are combined!
take your pre-sifted flours, and add baking soda to the flour mixture. add the flour + baking soda to the rest of the ingredients, & stir to combine!
pour batter into oiled/parchment-lined bread pans. i used 2 small bread pans & split the batter evenly, but you can easily make 1 large loaf; just bake for longer time!
bake the 2 small loaves for ~40-45 minutes on 350F, or until a toothpick comes out clean! SLICE + ENJOY~!
*once cooled, i sliced one loaf & put it directly into the freezer in an air sealed bag. this way, later on when the first loaf is gone, i can take out one slice at a time whenever i want it, without having to defrost + refreeze the entire loaf!*
spread ghee or nut butter on your slice, or dip it in an egg and fry up some french toast; even throw a slice into a yogurt bowl… your own SLICE OF HEAVEN AWAITS!
› 3-4 bananas, mashed
› 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
› 1/4 cup coconut sugar
› 1/3 cup tahini
› 1 tsp vanilla extract
› 2 tbsp dairy-free plain yogurt, unsweetened
› 2 tbsp water
› 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
› 1 cup almond flour
› 2/3 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
› 1/3 cup coconut flour
› 1 tsp baking soda
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 350F.
- sift almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour together; set aside.
- mash the bananas. to the bananas, mix melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, tahini, vanilla extract, yogurt + water, & flaxseed.
- take your pre-sifted flours, & add baking soda to the flour mixture.
- add the flour + baking soda to the rest of the ingredients, & stir to combine!
- pour batter into oiled/parchment-lined bread pans. [i used 2 small bread pans & split the batter evenly, but you can easily make 1 large loaf; just bake for longer time!]
- bake the 2 small loaves for ~40-45 minutes on 350F, or until a toothpick comes out clean! SLICE + ENJOY~!