one of the green veggies i always have and will throw into any salad or mix with other roasted veggies is brussels sprouts. i never had them growing up, and always only knew them as that vegetable in the movies that no kid ever wanted to eat. fast forward years & years later, as i’m an adult, & i try brussels sprouts; i become hooked.
these are easily prepared ahead of time (on food prep sunday) or freshly for a meal on any day. i know they are done when i can smell them from another room. there’s a fine line of time that is easily passed if you aren’t paying attention where they just CHAR. so keep an eye on them lol.
you know what they say… a brussels sprout a day!
› brussels sprouts
› olive oil
› S&P; for salt, could use Jane’s Krazy Salt ( ›› on favorites page!)
HOW TO MAKE »
- set oven to 400F
- cut the base off of each brussel sprout
- chop each sprout into half, or into quarters if they are size L sprouts
- in a bowl, toss the sprouts in just enough OO + S&P
- roast on parchment-lined or foil-lined baking sheet for ~20-30 minutes, or until browned/cooked to liking
- store in fridge for another day or just serve!
*i really like a roasted brussels sprout + roasted sweet potato combination for a side; it’s weird, but it works
*i use these in my citrus kale salad when i’m having it at home